- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
A group of Battelle experts have predicted the Top 10 Trends in Healthy Homes for 2010. They are, in order of importance:
- Indoor Air Quality
- Home-Based Medical Monitoring, Diagnosis and Care
- Monitoring and Sensing for Home Safety and Personal Protection
- Absolutely Reliable and High-Quality Power
- Whole-House Water Quality
- Food Quality and Safe Handling, Storing and Cooking
- The Baby Boomer Factor: They Don't Want to Get Old
- Battling Mites and Molds in Bedding, Furniture and Carpets
- Drudge-Free Housecleaning
- Sterile Surfaces: Germ-Resistant Materials, Coatings and Fabrics
Adhesives and sealants manufacturers have already been at work addressing these needs:
Sheet-metal ductwork throughout the home's interior was sealed at all joints with a non-toxic mastic to prevent dust and pollen from entering the ductwork and circulating throughout the house. A non-toxic, water-based adhesive was used to install vinyl flooring.
Battelle, Columbus, Ohio, is a global leader in technology development, product development and commercialization. For more information on Battelle's services, contact Media Relations Manager Katy Delaney at 614-424-5544 or e-mail Delaney@battelle.org.