Dow Completes Acquisition of Korea's Pacific Epoxy Co. Ltd.
July 5, 2005
The Dow Chemical Company has announced the completion of its acquisition of Pacific Epoxy Co., Ltd., a manufacturer of converted epoxy resins in Korea, from Saehan Industries, Inc. Dow had previously acquired 80 percent of Pacific Epoxy Co., Ltd. in January 2001. The current agreement covers the remaining 20 percent of the company. Pacific Epoxy's 30,000 MT (66 million lbs) per year converted epoxy resin (CER) plant in Kumi, Korea, currently supplies brominated, solid and solid solution epoxy resins for use in protective coatings, electronics, and specialties.
For more information, visit http://www.dow.com.