- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
- Vancouver Olympic Headquarters (Campus 2010)
- Richmond Speed Skating Oval
- Olympic/Paralympic Centre
- Canada Hockey Place (GM Place)
- Olympic and Paralympic Village Vancouver
- East and West buildings of the Main Media Centre at Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre
MAPEI has been supplying concrete restoration and flooring installation systems to Olympic venues across the Americas and around the world since 1972. The company opened its first manufacturing plant outside of Italy in Laval, Canada, after exporting Ultrabond G19 to the contractors installing the rubber surface for tracks at the 1976 Montreal Olympics. Ultrabond G19 (Adesilex G19 outside of North America) was also used on tracks at the Olympics in Munich, Barcelona, Atlanta, Sydney, Athens and Beijing.
MAPEI’s role in providing materials for the construction of Olympic venues in the Americas has grown over the years, encompassing the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta and the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Globally, MAPEI’s products were most recently used on construction sites at the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy, and the Summer Olympics in Beijing, China. In 2009, 33 years after the 1976 Olympics, MAPEI surface preparation products and tile and stone installation products were used to renovate the Olympic Pool at the Centre Sportif Claude Robillard in Montreal.
For more information, visit www.mapei.com.