- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Services Marketplace
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
SpecialChem, an online service on specialty chemicals, has introduced a new platform entirely dedicated to adhesives and sealants. This free, online gateway at www.specialchem4adhesives.com provides technical information/data and expert advice, assisting visitors to the platform in solving various adhesives issues. SpecialChem chose the Fall Convention of the Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) in Pittsburgh to introduce the service platform to the worldwide market.
Free Technical Services for Formulators and ApplicatorsAccording to Bernard Hasson, CEO of SpecialChem, "We have identified a strong market need in the adhesives and sealants industry for a full-range provider of online technical resources that will both assist formulators when selecting ingredients as well as rapidly solve the many technical issues encountered while formulating or applying an adhesive." In addition to formulators and applicators of adhesives, adhesives manufacturers and industrial designers will also find the site beneficial.
Features of the site are developed to solve any technical problems encountered by adhesives and sealants industry professionals including additional technical data or expert technical advice to solve key technical issues.
- Technical Developments and Trends. www.specialchem4adhesives.com offers comprehensive product and equipment news, as well as highly specialized technical articles to alert formulators about new developments in their specific areas of interest.
- Extensive Formulating Databases. The site provides a unique set of proprietary databases of raw materials, providing more than 10,000 technical data sheets, from more than 260 suppliers covering polymers, tackifiers and additives. By indicating key criteria, the system generates a list of appropriate raw materials with their technical specifications.
- Technical Assistance Online. When formulators or applicators face a technical issue, time is often of an essence either because rapid troubleshooting is required or time-to-market for a new development is a key factor of success. Via TechDirect, www.specialchem4adhesives.com offers rapid and free technical assistance, supported by a network of industry experts who also offer assistance in new product development as well as innovation.
First Industry SuccessesAfter three months of running services, over 2,000 formulators and applicators are regularly using the platform, and this number is increasing. The first statistics issued on the use of www.specialchem4adhesives.com clearly show that SpecialChem's range of services fulfill industry technical needs.
More than 1,200 raw materials searches are successfully performed every month in the additives, tackifiers and resins databases. Each time industry professionals need raw materials information, they are one click away from a clear overview of which products can be used in a specific application as well as direct access to technical data.
SpecialChem4Adhesives has already helped more than 400 formulators and applicators in solving specific technical problems. An expanding network of experts is always providing an accurate technical solution to any adhesives and sealants issue such as formulating, product development, standards and approvals, and troubleshooting.
SpecialChem Sponsors ASI E-NewsSpecialChem is also a sponsor of ASI E-News -- Adhesives & Sealants Industry's weekly electronic newsletter. To sign up for the complimentary newsletter, visit the ASI Web site www.adhesivesmag.com.
For further details, please contact Karine Boutouta, SpecialChem, 204, rue de Crim¿ 75019 Paris - France; phone +33 1 55 26 43 38; fax +33 1 55 26 43 31; or e-mail email@example.com. Or Circle No. 78.