SOCMA Announces Board Appointments The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) announced that Larry Brotherton, Ph.D., president and CEO of Ortec Inc., was re-elected as chairman of SOCMA’s Board of Governors during the association’s 89th annual membership meeting in December. Brotherton was first appointed chairman in December 2009.
“I welcome the opportunity to again serve SOCMA as board chairman and continue the important work of creating greater value for our members by strengthening existing programs and developing new services,” said Brotherton. SOCMA members also re-elected the following slate of officers to the Board of Governors for one-year terms:
- Vice chairman: Nicholas Shackley, BASF Corp.
- Vice chairman: David Hurder, McGean Inc.
- Treasurer: David DeCuir, Albemarle Corp.
- Secretary: Steel Hutchinson, GFS Chemicals Inc.
- Immediate past chair: Charles Hinnant, Optima Chemical Group LLC
In addition, the following SOCMA members were elected to serve one- to three-year terms:
- Walter Adams, Baker Hughes, Inc.
- Charles Bennett, Dixie Chemical Co. Inc.
- Brian Denison, Emerald Performance Materials LLC
- Charles Gavin, MFG Chemical Inc.
- Charles Hinton, Ethox Chemicals LLC
- Aslam Malik, AMPAC Fine Chemicals
- Graham Merfield, Rhodia Inc./Novecare
- Stephen Munk, Ash Stevens Inc.
For additional details, visit www.socma.com