- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
Wisdom Adhesives has announced a new line of PolyTakTM hot-melt adhesives for packaging and paper converting applications such as sealing cases, cartons, and trays, as well as closing the ends of multiwall paper bags. PolyTak hot-melt adhesives offer paper and paperboard substrate adhesion, have set properties ranging from medium to fast, and exhibit exceptional heat resistance, machining, and stability properties.
PolyTak Adhesives are more economical than EVA-based competitive products because of their lower density (increased mileage) and higher performance (no downtime; increased bond strength, high heat resistance; equipment savings). Typical savings of 15% - 25% have been achieved when using PolyTak Adhesives.
PolyTak is available in three formulas:
- PolyTak PT3000 is a medium-set polyethylene-based hot melt for case, carton and tray sealing applications. Its hot tack properties allow it to adhere well to difficult surfaces.
- PolyTak PT6005 adheres well to a range of paper and paperboard stock used for in case, carton and trays sealing production. Key features include fast setting, increased mileage (because of low density), and reduced wear on application parts.
- PolyTak PT8000 is a medium setting polyethylene hot melt use to close the ends of multiwall paper bags. It bonds well to a range of board and paper stocks, and has superior heat stability and high viscosity so it does not run on vertical surfaces.