- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
The ASC 2009 Spring Convention & EXPO offers many advantages in one convenient place, making it a tremendous value. The event, April 5-7 in beautiful Austin, Texas, is an economical way to network. ASC events offer specific opportunities to meet with colleagues, and attendees often schedule additional meetings, accomplishing several goals with one trip.
The Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA) Short Course is always popular, attracting technical and sales/marketing personnel who want to learn more about PSA technology from the industry’s best.
The ASC EXPO showcases the latest products and innovations. Attendees can meet with suppliers, and with exclusive EXPO hours, they won’t have to choose between the EXPO and professional development.
But perhaps the biggest value of the ASC convention is the compelling educational program. This year’s program is one of ASC’s best yet! Many sessions will focus improving business during unprecedented economic times and will be led by industry experts and other dynamic speakers.
ASC has lined up several engaging keynote speakers to address the convention theme-Managing the Crisis…Our Industry Coming Together. On Monday, Jim Lindell, President, Thorsten Consulting Group Inc., will talk about surviving the recession and will offer practical advice to help companies survive. Tuesday’s breakfast will focus on the domestic economic outlook, as led by the prominent chief economist of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Martin A. Regalia. In contrast, Tuesday afternoon’s session will have a global focus. John Meccia, Vice President, Paper Converting, at Henkel Adhesive Technologies, will address sustainability in global corporations, citing strategies to market sustainability and tools Henkel has used to determine and measure sustainability.
The education sessions will expand on the general session topics. Sessions are listed in ASC’s online preliminary program, but here are a few highlights:
· David Nick will give an overview of how the turbulent economy is affecting the adhesive and sealant industry, with a special emphasis on the recently released Asia Market Report Supplement.
· Robert Matthews of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP will provide a thorough REACH update, highlighting the business-related implications regarding REACH planning and implementation issues for the adhesive and sealant industry.
· Interested in sustainability? “It’s Not Easy Being Green” will feature several “green” segments. Topics range from the defining “green” to legislative requirements to manufacturing and technological issues.
· Fans of “Ask Dr. Dave” won’t want to miss ASI’s Dave Dunn who will lead sales training using examples of successful consultative sales methods.
· John Thomas of Clear Seas Research will review the results of a new, nationwide study of the perceptions and behaviors of industry professionals in his session “2009 and Beyond.”
· “Distributors & Suppliers-Building Effective Relationships” is a two-part session led by Robert Ashby that will help build more beneficial partnerships within the new supply chain, and identify new marketing tools in industial markets.
· Other timely topics include a roundtable discussion of key issues including the tight credit market and inventory control; sealant technologies and performance; formulation technology; and much, much more.
Stretch your budget without compromising quality. Register for the ASC 2009 Spring Convention & EXPO at: http://www.ascouncil.org/industry/conventions/SC09.cfm.