- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
The Tuesday General Session began with a talk from Andre Ladurelli, CEO of Bostik. Ladurelli presented “Stay on the Right Course in a Turmoiled and Fast-Moving World” - an informative and inspiring look at the challenges the adhesives and sealants industry faces. Among them are:
- Being leaders of sustainable development
- Raw material and feedstock price escalation
Finally, Ladurelli said that we must change the image of glue - to that of high-performance bonding - by educating the public about the value of adhesives.
Special Guest SpeakerJack Giampalmi spoke next, on “Leadership for Business and the Environment: Sustainability Business Practices.” Giampalmi, a business environmentalist who has held executive management positions with The Dow Chemical Co., explained that EH&S leaders must:
- Recognize and manage convergence of many different ideas
- Recognize diversity of thought; integrate EH&S with economics, legal, etc.
- Accelerate the “new”
- Show up for decisions