- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO FOR...
- ASI Store
- ASI Top 25
- ASI End User
- Classifieds and Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- ASI Readers' Choice Awards
USB directs its funding toward several categories, including adhesives, coatings, printing inks, lubricants, plastics, fibers and solvents. For more information on USB’s New Uses programs, click here. Consumers can find some of this year’s new products, like a soy-based degreaser and adhesive remover, available at retail outlets such as The Home Depot and Ace Hardware. Other products, such as a soy-based adhesive used to manufacture plywood, will garner more attention from industrial users.
Some of the soy-based adhesives introduced last year include:
- Soyad-soy flour adhesive for use in wood panels from H2H
- Soythane TM 90-100% solids, multipurpose polyurethane adhesive based on soy polymers from Bondaflex Technologies
- Multibond MX 100-a one-component soy-based polyvinyl acetate adhesive for hardwood plywood from Franklin International
While USB works to promote soy-based products in a number of other categories as well, the common thread is that soy-based products are sustainable and boost the demand for U.S. soy. USB works to advance the sustainability movement, in part, by developing and promoting soy-based products. Many of the projects USB funds have led to products that use soy as a replacement for petrochemicals, making them more renewable, sustainable and environmentally friendly than their non-soy-based counterparts.
USB will continue to promote industrial uses for soy, which present a sustainable alternative to petrochemical-based products and increase the demand for soy. USB remains thankful for our industrial partners in the adhesives and sealants industry and other industries, and looks forward to 2010 being another banner year for new soy-based products.
If you’re interested in staying current on all soy technology, sign up for Biobased Solutions by clicking here.