MANUFACTURERS and FORMULATORS operating in the adhesive & sealant market need their employees trained in the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) adopted by OSHA by December 2013. ASC’s GHS Workshop will provide the necessary training for employees to be in compliance with new GHS requirements.
While the new HCS will not be fully implemented until 2016, OSHA is requiring that ALL employees working with chemicals be trained in ALL facets of GHS by December 2013.
Make plans now to attend this important workshop and get the training you need to fully understand the requirements of GHS and the steps you’ll need to take to be in compliance including:
- Reclassification of ingredients and mixtures according to universal categories
- The use of new specific warning statements
- The use of standardized pictograms, hazard statements and signal words to communicate hazard information on product labels and safety data sheets
- Standardized formats for Material Safety Data Sheets
- Updates to training programs and written materials to reflect GHS
- Retraining company personnel to meet the 2013 deadline imposed by OSHA