Ingevity Corp. recently published its 2019 sustainability report, detailing the company’s ongoing commitment to operating as a sustainable organization. The report provides information regarding Ingevity’s 2019 performance, outlining key performance indicators and management practices for each of the company’s pillars of sustainability.
“Ingevity’s sustainability framework is aimed at creating value for stakeholders and enabling the company to fulfill its purpose—to purify, protect and enhance the world around us,” said Rick Kelson, Ingevity’s chairman of the board and interim president and CEO. “Our sustainability initiative is helping to drive our business forward by taking a holistic approach to managing our company, ultimately aiding the long-term viability of our company while meeting short-term challenges. We are proud of the achievements shared in our 2019 report and look forward to continuing the dialogue as we share progress on our new sustainability initiatives.”
Features that are new to this report include:
- Ingevity’s first set of sustainability goals, which reflect the company’s commitment to integrate responsible economic, environmental, and social principles into its global business strategy
- Third-party lifecycle assessment summaries for two products (Nuchar® and Evotherm®) that indicate that the products’ greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction benefits greatly exceed the scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG emissions generated from the products’ manufacture and use
- A new section called “Innovating New Solutions for a Sustainable Future,” which showcases the benefits and end-use applications of Ingevity products
- An update on the company’s progress regarding Inclusion and Diversity initiatives in light of recent events related to racial injustice
- A special section outlining the measures Ingevity has taken to mitigate its risks during the COVID-19 pandemic
The company plans to report on its sustainability journey every two years, with updates in the alternating years. Ingevity’s 2019 sustainability report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, core option. The company self-certifies that the information and data in the report is as accurate and inclusive as possible, as reflected by the management systems that were in place prior to January 1, 2020.
Additional details are available at www.ingevity.com/about/sustainability.
Report Abusive Comment