3M recently announced the realignment of the company from five to four business segments. The new alignment intends to enable the company to better serve global customers and markets.
“We are continuing to advance 3M into the future, and today’s actions will strengthen our ability to meet the fast-moving needs of our customers,” said Mike Roman, CEO. “Our new alignment will leverage our business transformation progress, accelerate growth and deliver greater operational efficiencies.”
The new structure will be comprised of four business segments: Safety and Industrial, Transportation and Electronics, Health Care, and Consumer.
3M also announced the following leadership appointments effective April 1:
- Michael Vale is appointed executive vice president, safety and industrial business group. Vale currently is executive vice president, health care business group.
- Ashish Khandpur, is appointed executive vice president, transportation and electronics business group. Khandpur currently is executive vice president, electronics and energy business group.
- Mojdeh Poul is appointed executive vice president, health care business group. Poul currently is executive vice president, safety and graphics business group.
- Paul Keel is appointed executive vice president, consumer business group. Keel currently is senior vice president, business development and marketing-sales.
- Denise Rutherford is appointed senior vice president, corporate affairs. Rutherford currently is vice president, research and development and commercialization, industrial business group.
- Stephen Shafer is appointed senior vice president, business development and marketing-sales. Shafer currently is vice president, greater China area of 3M, and managing director of 3M China.
In addition, James Bauman, executive vice president, industrial business group, and Joaquin Delgado, executive vice president, consumer business group, have announced their intention to retire.
“3M has a highly talented and diverse group of leaders, and today’s appointments position us well for the future,” Roman said. “I have confidence in each of these leaders as they take on new and expanded roles, and look forward to working with them to create greater value for customers, shareholders and 3M.”
For more information, visit www.3m.com.