Dow has earned a place on the Great Place to Work® and Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, for the first time, ranking #99. Dow reports that it is only one of three manufacturing companies to make the list and is the only materials science company.
List organizers analyze survey responses from more than half a million current employees across the U.S. In that survey, 73% of U.S. Dow employees said it was a great place to work. This number is 14 percentage points higher than the average U.S. company.
This year, 60% of each company's score was based on confidential employee feedback. The remaining 40% was based on the programs each company created to support their people and communities in response to the pandemic.
"In 2020, we faced many challenges—from the COVID-19 global pandemic, long overdue national attention on race and social injustice, to some of the most severe weather events in recent history—all of which impacted friends, families and communities around the world," said Jim Fitterling, Dow chairman and CEO. "The resilience and fortitude of Team Dow enabled us to not only persevere through these events, but to emerge stronger from them, and is why we have earned a ranking on this prestigious list."
Great Place to Work surveyed employees on issues including how trustworthy, caring, and fair companies are in times of crises; employees' physical, emotional, and financial health; and a company's broader community impact. Particular attention was paid to how employees' experiences varied depending on their job role, gender, race/ethnicity, payroll status, and other characteristics to ensure that the company is creating a great workplace for all.
"I'm incredibly proud of this recognition, because it is based on the actions we took and commitments we made, and more importantly reflects what our employees are saying and experiencing in our culture," said Karen S. Carter, Dow chief human resources officer and chief inclusion officer. "It is a true testament of the hard work and dedication of all of Team Dow."
Dow has also been recognized by Great Place to Work in several other countries around the world, including: 2021 Best Workplaces™ in Argentina, Colombia, and Saudi Arabia.
Learn more about Dow at www.dow.com. For additional information about Great Place to Work, visit www.greatplacetowork.com. To see the complete Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2021 list, visit www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/100-best/2021.