Dow recently announced that five of its leaders earned recognition on three 2021 EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model lists, including Top 20 Advocates, 100 Ethnic Minority Executives, and 100 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders. The EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model lists showcase business leaders who are breaking down barriers at work for ethnic minorities in the UK, Ireland, and Europe, as well as people of color in the U.S. and Canada. Honorees are recognized for the success in their own careers and efforts to drive for more inclusive workplaces.
"Diversity in the workplace is a catalyst for business success," said Karen S. Carter, Dow's chief human resources officer and chief inclusion officer. "At Dow, we are committed to diversifying our workforce across the talent pipeline and the global enterprise, which enables us to deliver the most value to our stakeholders."
Dow employees selected for EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model Lists include:
- Top 20 Advocates List (#3)—Jim Fitterling, chairman and CEO (executive sponsor, Global African Affinity Network)
- Top 20 Ethnic Minority Executives List (#9)—Mauro Gregorio, president, Performance Materials & Coatings, Latin America oversight (executive sponsor, Hispanic and Latin Network)
- Top 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List (#69)—Karen S. Carter, chief human resources officer and chief inclusion officer
- Top 20 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders List (#13)—Shruti Bahadur, global program leader for eMarketplace, Customer and Employee Experience; North America leader, Asian Diversity Network
- Top 100 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders List (#40)—Kalyani Martinelango, associate R&D director, Core R&D Engineering and Process Science; global chair, Asian Diversity Network