The Federal Reserve recently announced it will leave interest rates unchanged at their current historically low levels, even though the U.S. economy has been gaining strength. Last week, we asked if you think this is a good idea.
Respondents were split about 60/40. Approximately 60% of participants said “No” leaving interest rates low was not a good idea, while the remaining 40% said “Yes,” keeping them low was a good idea.
One reader said, “Interest rates must increase, but not drastically. These ultra-low rates are part of the reason that interest-earning investments have been doing so poorly. That adversely impacts retirement accounts, pensions, etc.”
Another reader commented, “People have had to borrow to stay alive in this bad economy. A higher interest rate would add insult to injury.”
Are you interested in taking the industry’s pulse on a particular topic? Send your suggestions for survey questions to Morgan Laidlaw at email@example.com.
Many thanks to all of the ASI eNews readers who have participated in our surveys. Not an ASI eNews subscriber? Follow this link to sign up for your free subscription!
Report Abusive Comment