Sika Corp. recently introduced SikaTack® Panel-50 into its vertical glass product line offering. According to Sika, SikaTack Panel-50 is a one-component neutral curing silicone that combines mechanical strength with excellent elasticity. This product is reportedly suited for use in structural joints in ventilated facades between the vertically installed substructure and the façade panels that will be subjected to dynamic and static stresses.
SikaTack Panel-50 is a component of the company’s SikaTack panel system. This adhesive system reportedly allows for the design of aesthetically pleasing building facades that improve modern living comfort while promoting energy savings and sustainable building investment. Sika reports that the SikaTack panel system meets exacting building requirements for ventilated facade panels and eliminates the need for unsightly screws or rivets in panel fixation.
This architectural system has been designed for use in both new construction and refurbishment. According to Sika, benefits include:
- Aesthetic appearance (no visible screws or rivets)
- Uniform tension over the whole panel, and therefore no deflections of panels, due to elastic bonding
- Ability to withstand high dynamic stresses
- Cost effective due to fast installation
- Increased thermal performance on exterior walls
- Creative opportunities in façade design
Additional details are available at http://usa.sika.com.