Henkel’s exhibit and paper presentations at IPC APEX EXPO 2022, being held January 22-27 in San Diego, Calif., will showcase solutions addressing the requirements across market sectors for increased reliability and sustainability. Attendees will have the opportunity to view live demonstrations and find information regarding a range of protection, connection, and thermal control solutions, as well as the company’s work on sustainable adhesive development.
Scott Anderson, global head of sustainability for electronics, will deliver a poster paper presentation on the development of LOCTITE® HHD 3544F, a bio-based polyurethane reactive (PUR) hot-melt adhesive for consumer electronics assembly. He will discuss the formulation challenges and the resultant material, with over 60% of its content sourced from renewable, plant-based feedstocks.
Henkel technologists will engage in live, in-booth dispensing demonstrations of BERGQUIST® LIQUI-FORM TLF 6000HG thermal gel to illustrate the one-part material’s application ease. With thermal conductivity of 6.0 W/m-K and 3.0 mm gap stability, the material is reportedly well suited for devices such as baseband units, remote radios, and antennas that are positioned vertically in outdoor environments.
Throughout the event, the Henkel team will participate in several panel discussions and conference papers, including:
- Alex Sanchez, senior applications engineer Americas—“Ability of Industry Reliability Methods to Predict Lifecycle Application Field Failures,” January 25, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Sanjay Misra, Ph.D., senior scientific principal—“Silicone Migration Concerns in Thermal Materials–How Real are They?,” January 25, 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Bongjoon Lee, Ph.D., scientific principal—“Thermally Conductive EMI Management Materials for High Frequency Applications,” January 25, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Neil Poole, Ph.D., chemistry fellow—“Increasing Awareness and the Impending Impact of Sustainability Metrics in the Electronics Ecosystem,” January 26, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Scott Anderson, global head of sustainability for electronics—“Developing a Biobased Structural Adhesive for Consumer Electronics,” on the show floor January 25, 5:00-6:00 p.m.; January 26, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; and January 27, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
For more information, visit www.henkel-adhesives.com.