The Adhesive and Sealant Council, Inc. (ASC)'s Fall 2004 Convention & Expo will take place Sept. 19-22 at the Pittsburgh Hilton. The convention will feature business and technical educational sessions, networking events, keynote speakers, and the industry's biggest expo dedicated to showcasing the latest products and services. Educational sessions will delve into energy and raw material costs, doing business overseas, new product innovations, regulatory and environmental issues, advances in urethane products, nanotechnology, advances in hot melts, shrinking product life cycles, and other topics of interest to adhesive and sealant manufacturers and their suppliers.
Sessions include the following.
- Hot-Melt Adhesives: Leading-Edge Solutions
- Environmental/Regulatory Issues: Meeting Critical Challenges for Conservation and Compliance
- Trends in Technology I: Maximizing Innovation and Efficiency
- Trends in Technology II: Succeeding with Market Driven Solutions
- Designing Adhesives/Formulation I: Solution Driven Design - Adding Value to Performance
- Designing Adhesives/Formulation II: Leveraging Design and Formulation
- Automotive Applications: Better, Lighter, Faster - Opportunities for Meeting Manufacturing Challenges
- Marketing Strategies: Inside the Eight Ball - Taking Advantage of Market Dynamics
The 2004 Fall Exposition will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 21. Exhibiting companies include suppliers and distributors of raw materials, services, software, and production, manufacturing, and testing equipment. In addition, a Supplier Spotlight will feature mini-presentations on new products.
Co-located with the convention, the ASC's Urethane Short Course will take place on Sunday, Sept. 19, and Monday, Sept. 20th, and will feature presentations on polyurethane chemistry and raw material considerations, formulation of urethane-based adhesives and sealants, and urethane applications.
For more information, visit http://www.ascouncil.org or call Malinda Armstrong at (301) 986-9700, ext. 106.
Exhibitors (as of week of July 26)Air Products and Chemicals Inc. 40 and 41
Arizona Chemical Co. 16
Bayer MaterialScience 26
Charles Ross & Son Co. 32
Chemsultants International Inc. 17
Cognis Corp. 42
Degussa Corp. 13 and 14
Dynasol LLC 43
Eastman Chemical Co. 33
ExxonMobil Chemical Co. 18
Forbo Adhesives LLC - Synthetic Polymers 31
Franklin Industrial Minerals 29
Gabriel Performance Products 11
GE Advanced Materials - Silicones 50
Interfibe Corporation 34
Kaneka Texas Corp. 36
Kolon Chemical 15
KRATON Polymers U.S. LLC 1
Liquid Control Corp. 35
Magna Machine Co. 19
Orbseal LLC 28
Troy Corp. 25
Verichem Inc. 10
Vinamul Polymers (A unit of National Starch
and Chemical Co.) 27
Zeon Chemicals 30