The Association of the European Adhesive and Sealant (FEICA) intends to continue raising awareness of the efforts made by the adhesives and sealants industry to fully embrace the circular economy via its Good Practice stories.
There are now 10 FEICA Good Practice stories available on the FEICA website. Each of them demonstrates how companies enable sustainability. These include:
- Furniture: Special adhesive solutions for lightweight composites enable the reduction of the CO2 footprint of lightweight furniture compared to high-density furniture;
- Packaging: One-component high-performance sealants packed in foil packs cut solvent emissions in use and reduce the global warming potential of their packaging by 75%;
- Consumer: Paper glues based on natural ingredients and packed in mainly plant-based packaging help to reduce CO2 emissions and save fossil resources;
- Automotive: Crash-resistant structural adhesive solutions for lightweight composite materials in the automotive industry allow the reduction of the CO2 footprint during production and use phase, while at the same time improving passenger safety;
- Building construction: An adhesive enables the optimum long-term bonding of insulation panels as part of external thermal insulation composite systems (ETICS) and thus contributes to energy saving and a reduced need for maintenance in buildings; and
- Bookbinding: Hot-melt adhesives in bookbinding with specific physical properties do not impact the wastepaper recycling process.
For more information, visit www.feica.eu.