- Offers a good balance of strength and conformability, with gray, 0.090-in. (2.3-mm), multi-purpose adhesive and conformable acrylic foam core
- Bonds on contact by utilizing pressure-sensitive adhesive to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows use in applications requiring higher gap tolerances and allowing more shear strain movement due to thermal expansion
- Is the recommended option for applications like bonding panels to roof bows or tall sidewall panels
- Provides virtually invisible fastening and keeps surfaces smooth
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture, and more
- Is 40% quieter and experiences 31% less vibration than mechanically fastened sidewalls at highway speeds
Since 1980, 3M VHB tapes have reportedly been utilized in the transportation industry for permanent attachment of sidewall and roof panels on commercial vehicles such as cargo trailers, truck bodies, ambulances, fire trucks, buses, and rail cars. 3M reports that it pioneered the use of durable acrylic foam tapes to attach sidewall panels and roofs on cargo trailers, eliminating the need for screws and rivets.
The new CV90F tape complements 3M’s existing 3M VHB commercial vehicle tape products, CV45F and CV62F, with increased thickness, shear strain movement, and gap-filling properties. It is available now in the U.S.
For more information, visit www.3m.com.