Eastman recently announced the launch of a new portfolio of 13 cellulose esters for use in food contact applications such as inks, adhesives, tapes and labels, and internal can and other coatings. These products reportedly meet requirements for use in certain food contact applications under regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (21 CFR), European Commission (Regulation 10/2011), and the Swiss Ordinance on Materials & Articles in Contact with Food (SR 817.023.21).
According to Eastman, these products are manufactured, stored, handled, and transported under conditions adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for food contact applications. The portfolio of cellulose esters for food contact formulated products includes the following:
- Eastman CA-398-3, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-381-0.1, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-381-0.5, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-381-2, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-381-20, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-531-1, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-551-0.01, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-551-0.2, Food Contact
- Eastman CAB-553-0.4, Food Contact
- Eastman CAP-482-20, Food Contact
- Eastman CAP-482-0.5, Food Contact
- Eastman CAP-504-0.2, Food Contact
- Eastman Solus™ 2100 Performance Additive, Food Contact
“We’re excited to announce the launch of these food contact cellulose esters, providing new options for formulators of inks, adhesives, tapes and labels, and coatings that require food contact compliance,” said Landon Davis, cellulose ester product manager, Coatings and Inks, Additives and Functional Products.
Visit www.eastman.com/CE to learn more.