Dow was recently named 2021 Manufacturer of the Year, Large Enterprise, by the Manufacturing Leadership Council (MLC), a division of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM). This is the third time Dow has won this award in recent years (previous wins in 2015 and 2017). The 2021 Manufacturer of the Year Award was presented at the virtual Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala.
“We are extremely honored to receive this recognition, especially given the difficult challenges we had to overcome this past year,” said John Sampson, Dow’s senior vice president of Operations. “It takes an entire team and this award validates the flexibility, adaptability and resiliency of our employees and their continued focus on meeting the needs of all our stakeholders.”
The MLC developed the Manufacturing Leadership Awards to honor manufacturing companies and leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Originated in 2005, the Manufacturing Leadership Awards have honored hundreds of innovative manufacturing companies from around the world.
The MLC also recognized Dow for three significant project awards:
- Dow’s Manufacturing 4.0 received the Enterprise Integration and Technology Award. In addition, Dow also received recognition as the High Achiever for the Enterprise Integration and Technology Leadership category.
- The E2E Business Planning Program was awarded the Supply Chain Award.
- Accelerating Innovation in Instrumentation & Sensors at Dow Texas Operations received the Industrial Internet of Things Award.
In addition, two members of Dow’s team were recognized with individual awards:
- Billy B. Bardin, global digitalization director, was selected for the Visionary Digital Leader award. Recipients of this award are among manufacturing’s most forward-thinking leaders.
- Katherine Duggan, senior process automation engineer, was selected as a Rising Digital Star. Recipients of this award are among manufacturing’s brightest future stars and are leading the way for the possibilities of tomorrow.
Dow was also recognized for its COVID-19 Operational and Community Response as part of the Creators Respond Honor Roll. This effort recognized all projects from this year’s awards that were in direct response to the pandemic.
Learn more about the Manufacturing Leadership Awards at https://mlawards.manufacturingleadershipcouncil.com. For additional information about the National Association of Manufacturers, visit www.nam.org. More information about Dow is available at www.dow.com.