Pilot Chemical Corp. has released its first sustainability report and a new sustainability strategy that sets the path forward in the years ahead. The “2021 Sustainability Report” outlines the work completed over the last two years to embed sustainability across the company with a formalized strategy.
According to Pilot, it will measure and report its progress on 11 new sustainability goals:
- Increasing the number of Pilot products listed on CleanGredients® by 20% by 2030
- Devoting 25% of Pilot’s annual research and development (R&D) time to sustainability projects by 2030
- Achieving zero Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) incidents each year by continuing to develop an incident-free culture
- Establishing a career development process and offering it to all employees by 2025
- Establishing a formal charitable giving program by 2025
- Establishing a formal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) program by 2025
- Reducing its water footprint
- Achieving 50% reduction in hazardous waste disposed by 2030 on a per-pound-of-production basis
- Sourcing 70% of all electricity consumed by Pilot from renewable sources by 2025
- Providing ethics and integrity training on an annual basis to all employees
- Formalizing a Supplier Code of Conduct by 2023 and fully implementing a compliance plan by 2025
“This work represents a major milestone in the company’s history,” said Mike Clark, CEO. “I know that our team members and all of our stakeholders are excited about the journey ahead of us.”
The goals, which were identified through a materiality assessment that involved extensive outreach to internal and external stakeholders, cover a spectrum of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) topics. They are aligned with third-party expertise, including the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care® program. Pilot Chemical reports that it will periodically evaluate and refresh its materiality assessment to identify emerging issues to monitor.
For more information, visit www.pilotchemical.com.