The Macromolecules Innovation Institute at Virginia Tech will hold an Adhesion Science Short Course May 16-20, 2022, in Blacksburg, Va. The lecture/hands-on laboratory short course taught by Virginia Tech professors is designed for those with interests in adhesion or producing or utilizing adhesives and sealants.
Event attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Review adhesion basics
- Learn how polymer properties affect adhesion
- Gain an understanding of polymer characterization methods
- Understand the importance of stresses, strength, and fracture
- Explore appropriate test methods for adhesive joint characterization
- Gain insights about special applications
The short course will be held at The Inn at Virginia Tech, with lab sessions on the Virginia Tech Campus. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own adhesion challenges to share and to participate in case study discussions raised by other attendees.
Registration and other details are available at https://mii.vt.edu/outreach/short-courses/adhesion-science.html.