RPM International Inc. issued its 2021 sustainability report: Building a Better World. Building a Better World is RPM’s ongoing commitment to building a sustainable future across three pillars: Our Products, Our People and Our Processes, with a strong foundation in governance. The report reviews RPM’s progress toward the three pillars and highlights the company’s sustainability goals and strategy.
- New 2025 sustainability goals
- A 2022 associate survey found 83% of respondents have favorable engagement and 88% are proud to be a part of RPM
- Issued first water stress analysis of all manufacturing locations
- Appointment of vice president – compliance and sustainability to lead sustainability efforts
- Expansion of associate training and educational opportunities that drive diversity and inclusion
- Formation of Building a Better World Oversight Committee
Using 2021 data as a performance measurement base, RPM’s 2025 sustainability goals include:
- Reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions from RPM facilities by 20% per ton of production
- Reduce energy consumed in RPM facilities by 10% per ton of production
- Reduce waste-to-landfill from RPM facilities by 10% per ton of production
- Increase recycling at RPM facilities by 20% per ton of production
- Identify and implement additional opportunities for water reuse and conservation
In September 2021, RPM appointed Tracy D. Crandall to lead the company’s sustainability efforts. As vice president – compliance and sustainability and associate general counsel, Crandall is responsible for the company’s global sustainability and environmental, social and governance initiative – Building a Better World.
For more information, visit: https://www.rpminc.com/sustainability.