Evonik will present its latest solutions for the coatings, inks, and adhesives industry at the European Coatings Show 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany, from March 28 to 30. Evonik will feature its products at Booth 426 in Hall 3C throughout the three-day show.
The specialty chemicals company is focusing on how it can help its customers "Formulate the Future". To create truly "future-proof" formulations, Evonik's latest solutions improve both the performance and the sustainability profile of an end product. Highlights include innovations for architectural, automotive, marine, infrastructure, packaging, wind energy, and wood and furniture surfaces. In addition to highlighting its new products, Evonik has also released the latest edition of its digital “Coatings and Adhesives Journal.”
“Modern coating and adhesive products should be innovative and customized, as well as based on renewable raw materials to make them more resource-efficient and environmentally sustainable,” said Claudine Mollenkopf, president division Specialty Additives. “With our technical expertise, we are helping our customers develop solutions that are fit for the future.”
Some of Evonik's notable innovations to be highlighted at European Coatings Show 2023 include:
- Smaller sized silica for increased durability of clear and pigmented coatings: SPHERILEX® DP-0110 provides gloss control for matte or satin finishes and improved durability of architectural and wood coatings.
- Solutions for automotive and wood coatings: TEGO® Wet 290 and TEGO Wet 296 improve wetting and anti-cratering properties for better leveling of waterborne automotive and wood coatings.
- Safe and widely usable dispersant developed for waterborne printing inks: TEGO Dispers 780 W offers high performance at low dosage, excellent viscosity reduction, color strength development, pigment stabilization, and improved shock resistance.
- Self-healing concrete additives: SITREN® Selfheal adds natural microbes to concrete for repeated self-healing of cracks and pores caused by water, improving durability, and reducing maintenance costs for more sustainable concrete structures.
- Next generation defoamers for concrete superplasticizers: SITREN AIRVOID 330 and 332 offer strong label-free defoaming performance along with high compatibility in various PCEs over time even at higher temperatures.
- Ultra-low-VOC and bio-based epoxy curing agents: Ancamine® 2739, 2712M and 2802 offer an ultra-low level of VOCs, fast curing times, and enhanced UV durability to protect architecture and infrastructure on land and sea. Using raw materials derived from 40-45% biobased sources, Ancamine 2719 provides sustainable fast curing protection for marine metal coatings, potable water, and food applications.
- Environmentally benign catalysts: POLYCAT® SA 2 LE and DABCO® 8174 tin-free heat and delayed action catalysts contain no CMR components and low-VOCs, making them ideal for adhesive, sealant, and elastomers where improved labeling, lower hazard profile, and high sustainability is desired.
- Bio-based diamine curatives: VERSALINK® EP-P-170 is an easy to process liquid at room temperature and contains over 80% bio-renewable content, helping reduce the carbon footprint of the final product by 30-35% when used as a curative in polyurea repair coatings, adhesives, and elastomers, where performance and sustainability matter.
- Broad range of eCO products: DYNACOLL eCO expands Evonik’s range of ISSC-PLUS-certificated products, ensuring exact and complete traceability of sustainable raw materials.
- Certified, carbon-footprint reduced methacrylate monomers: VISIOMER® Terra products have a bio-carbon content of up to 85%, certified according to the international standard ASTM D 6866. They provide sustainable and environmentally friendly building blocks for high-performance polymers.
- Environmentally friendly ethoxy silane adhesion promoters: VPS SIVO 350-1 shows good adhesion, mechanical properties, and flexibility in cured SMP and Silicone systems such as hard parquet adhesives.
- Modern anti-corrosive coatings: VPS SIVO 240 is a 2-in-1 additive that offers long-lasting protection and makes low-solvent or solvent-free paints easier to process, reducing VOC content making them more sustainable.
For more information, visit: corporate.evonik.com.
Report Abusive Comment