CPMA President Retires; Association Moves Offices
The Color Pigments Manufacturers Association, Inc. (CPMA) recently announced that J. Lawrence (Larry) Robinson is retiring as president at the end of June, after 38 years with the association. Robinson joined the CPMA in 1976 and led the group as its first full-time chief staff executive. With the continuing growth of the federal government and the resulting fact that Washington was having a dominant role in the association’s and its members’ activities, the decision was reached to establish the CPMA headquarters in the Washington, D.C., area in the late 1970s. Robinson had previously served in the Commerce Department, been on the staff of a U.S. congressman, and managed several Washington, D.C.-based trade associations.
With Robinson’s departure, the CPMA is moving its offices on July 1 to Suite 730, 1850 M St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. David J. Wawer has been selected by the Board of Governors to take the role of executive director, effective July 1. Wawer currently serves as CEO of the Massachusetts Chemistry & Technology Alliance Inc. in Boston.
For more information, visit www.cpma.com.