ASC Announces New Directors, Officers
The membership of the Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) recently elected eight members to serve as directors on the council’s Board:
- Ted Clark, Royal Adhesives
- Steve Rosenberg, Sika Corp.
- Andy Johnston, Ashland Specialty Ingredients
- Bob Marquette, Bostik Inc.
- Rusty Thompson, Evans Adhesives Corp.
- Chuck Williams, Avery Dennison
- John Carroll, Eastman Chemical
- Mark Schneider, Albion Engineering
Each director will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2015. Each person was nominated by the association’s Board Nominating Committee, which meets once a year to discuss board-level succession and determine who is interested in serving the ASC as a board member. The board supports the Nominating Committee’s recommendations, and puts forward the list of recommended leaders to the membership for a vote. This vote took place in July and August, with members voting electronically and unanimously this year for the slate of nominees.
“Each of these leaders brings different skill sets, focus and backgrounds to the discussions held at every board meeting, but they all have at least one thing in common—passion for our unique industry,” said Matthew E. Croson, president. “This passion has been instrumental in guiding the council over the past few years as it overcame a downturn and the focus shifted to investing in new ways to support the industry and the companies ASC serves. I look forward to working with these industry leaders as we continue to chart ASC’s future.”
The ASC Board of Directors selected its leaders for 2015-2016 by voting in August. The following leaders will serve as officers for the council, providing direct support and counsel to the board, executive committee and president over the next two years.
- Chair: Andy Johnson, vice president and general manager, Adhesives, Ashland Specialty Ingredients
- Vice Chair/Treasurer: Traci Jensen, senior vice president, Americas, H.B. Fuller
- Past Chair: Rusty Thompson, president and CEO, Evans Adhesive Corp.
As officers, they will reportedly guide both the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and counsel the president on prioritization and agenda setting for volunteer leadership. In addition, they will serve on the board’s audit committee, compensation committee and executive committee. Each officers serves a two-year, non-renewing term that begins on January 1, 2015.
For more information, visit www.ascouncil.org.