Graco Inc. has extended its Pro Xp™ manual electrostatic coating gun line with 50 new models that fulfill specific spraying needs. New components and accessories extend benefits to all Pro Xp guns already used in industrial finishing operations throughout the world.
“Over the last six years, we’ve visited end users who’ve provided input in developing gun models that directly fulfill their application needs, without having to retrofit their guns with accessories,” said Wendy Hartley, Graco product marketing manager for the Industrial Products Division.
According to Graco, the new electrostatic spray gun models contain more durable components for certain applications, including:
- The round spray nozzle and air cap combinations maximize wrap-around on cylindrical objects.
- The soft spray air cap and nozzles are ideal for small, lightweight parts that need a fine finish with minimal coating flow.
- The aerospace air cap is designed for high coating flows to quickly cover large areas (like airplanes) with the finest finish.
- The externally charged waterborne guns charge waterborne material at the tip of the spray gun; no electrostatic isolation system equipment is needed.
- The fixed-fluid flow guns are made to extend component life when applying metallic and extremely abrasive materials.
- The HVLP (high volume low pressure) air cap is labeled according to environmental standards.
- The high air flow model gives coaters the feel and reach they need to coat from a distance and around large, complex areas.
“Customers asked and we listened with dozens of updates to improve durability, ease of adjustments and spray performance,” said Hartley. “The improvements apply to all Pro Xp guns already out in the market.”
New components that fit on Pro Xp guns already installed include color-coded nozzles, new air caps, and a new barrel gasket. High-conductivity gun models now come with a precision high-wear nozzle, which has a metal tip for wear protection, and a new high-conductivity kit with a removable case. New accessories for all models include high wear electrodes, fluid filters, and adjustment knobs.
For more information, visit www.graco.com/proxp.