The Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates (SOCMA) recently welcomed eight companies to its growing specialty and fine chemical community, bringing the total number of new members for the first half of 2021 to 17. The most recent additions include: Milliken, Colonial Chemical, Oakwood Chemical, Ereztech, Entegris, Colour Synthesis Solutions, Berjé, and Envirotech Services.
Milliken, a global research, design, and manufacturing company headquartered in Spartanburg, S.C., is reportedly looking to leverage SOCMA’s commercial offerings and build deeper business relationships within the specialty chemical community. “Milliken has benefited from the Specialty & Custom Chemicals Show and its affiliate events in the past,” said Brian Burkhart, vice president, Milliken Fine Chemical Products. “Manufacturing is the core of our Fine Chemical business, and we participate in the key market segments SOCMA represents. Milliken is excited to support the association and work together to make our chemical manufacturing industry stronger.”
Returning member Oakwood Chemical, a fine organics manufacturer in Estill, S.C., reportedly rejoined the association following SOCMA’s purchase of the Specialty & Custom Chemicals Show. “As our company continues to grow, rejoining SOCMA will not only help maintain a professional network within the chemical industry, but also provide vital resources as we navigate constant regulatory changes,” said Carrie Strickland, regulatory manager, Oakwood Chemical.
Details regarding the additional companies include:
- Colonial Chemical—manufacturer of cosmetic and industrial surfactants, performance additives, and other key building-block ingredients for use in personal care, household and industrial, lubrication, and oilfield applications
- Ereztech—provider of organometallic precursor R&D and manufacturing services
- Entegris—manufacturer of products and systems that purify, protect, and transport critical materials used in the semiconductor device fabrication processes
- Colour Synthesis Solutions—provider of custom synthesis, contract research, and process development of colored and non-colored molecules; offers analytical testing to support regulatory and market requirements
- Berjé—distributor with an understanding of the supply and quality of the raw materials consumed by the flavor and fragrance industries
- Envirotech Services—developer of road and surface solutions to manage both natural and man-made environments; delivers soil stabilization products, erosion and dust control, as well as anti-icing and deicing solutions
For more information about SOCMA, visit www.socma.org.