Readers last week were most interested in Arkema’s plan to sell its epoxides business to Cargill (Cargill to Acquire Arkema’s Epoxides Business): “Arkema recently announced the proposed divestment of its epoxides business to Cargill. With this project, Arkema reports that it is pursuing the repositioning of its portfolio on its core businesses.
“Arkema produces bio-based and specialty epoxides in Blooming Prairie, Minn. These epoxides are used as additives or intermediates in the manufacture of lubricants, plastic additives, and a variety of other applications. Part of Arkema’s Hydrogen Peroxide activity, this business has limited integration with the rest of the group’s portfolio, generates sales of around $40 million, and employs approximately 45 people.”
Top 5 News that Sticks for October 10-16
- Cargill to Acquire Arkema’s Epoxides Business
- Scott Bader Invests in New Production Site in North Carolina
- DuPont Expands Medical Elastomer Capacity in Michigan
- RPM Achieves Record Sales in Its 2022 Fiscal First Quarter
- Brenntag to Distribute Evonik Silane Products in 16 Eastern European Countries
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media channels.