Henkel’s strong results in the 2022 first quarter drew the most reader interest last week: “In the first quarter of 2022, Henkel announced that it increased group sales to around €5.3 billion (approximately $5.6 billion) in a challenging market environment. Group organic sales grew significantly by 7.1%, driven primarily by a strong pricing performance, with a slight simultaneous decline in volume. In nominal terms, group-wide sales increased by 6.1%.
“‘This very good sales performance is a testament to our growth agenda as well as the huge dedication of our employees worldwide—and we want to express our gratitude for their great commitment,’ said Carsten Knobel, CEO. ‘However, the macroeconomic environment has continued to deteriorate dramatically since the beginning of the year. The impact of the global coronavirus crisis, accompanied by an extraordinarily tense situation in the raw material markets and global supply chains, has been drastically exacerbated by the war in Ukraine…’”
Are you up to date on all of the latest industry news? Subscribe to ASI eNews, and we’ll deliver the news directly to you!
Top 5 News that Sticks for May 22-28
- Henkel Adhesive Technologies Generates Double-Digit Organic Sales Growth in 2022 First Quarter
- Bostik Presents Instant Adhesive Prototype at in-adhesives Symposium #4 last week
- ASC Announces WAC 2022 Best Presentation Winner second week at #3
- Mid-America Packaging and AJ Adhesives Announce Anniversaries
- Henkel Opens New Global Technology Center in India #1 last week
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media channels.