Readers last week were most interested in Sika’s latest acquisition: “Sika has acquired United Gilsonite Laboratories (UGL), a manufacturer of products for consumer and DIY waterproofing applications. According to Sika, the acquired business is a complement to its high value-added systems for concrete and masonry waterproofing and refurbishment. In 2021, UGL generated sales of CHF 65 million (approximately $66.5 million).
“‘UGL is a perfect complement to Sika’s current portfolio,’ said Christoph Ganz, Sika’s regional manager for the Americas. ‘The UGL brands are well recognized in the USA, and their consumer and DIY waterproofing solutions allow Sika to extend its business in the USA construction industry. We warmly welcome all the UGL employees to our Sika team.’”
Craving more in-depth, technical information? Subscribe to our monthly eMagazine!
Top 5 News that Sticks for May 29 - June 4
- Sika Acquires United Gilsonite Laboratories
- Wacker Increases Global Production Capacity for Silicone Rubber
- Henkel Adhesive Technologies Generates Double-Digit Organic Sales Growth in 2022 First Quarter #1 last week
- Mid-America Packaging and AJ Adhesives Announce Anniversaries second week at #4
- IMCD Launches Industrial Solutions Business Group
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media channels.
Report Abusive Comment