H.B. Fuller recently announced that it has launched the latest generation of elastic attachment adhesives with Full-Care® 8220 to better serve the nonwoven hygiene industry, which is increasingly using elastic materials. This all-in-one elastic attachment adhesive reportedly demonstrates best-in-class creep and sheer strength performance across all key adult and baby diaper applications. H.B. Fuller reports that the new solution addresses leakage and blowouts, which the company’s latest study identified as the leading consumer pain point.
Market trends for training pants, adult incontinence products, and alternative product designs with stretch features are driving the increase in elastic usage. According to Euromonitor International Outlook, global demand for training pants is expected to grow at 9% CAGR, significantly outpacing the growth of open diapers in the next five years; improved product designs and fit drive elastics usage for the product category, which is expected grow at 5% CAGR from 2019-2023. In addition, elastic features such as doubled cuffs and stretchable cores in alternative product designs aim at improving fit and preventing core sagginess after insult. As an all-in-one elastic attachment adhesive, Full-Care 8220 can reportedly be used for these applications.
When tested against the industry standard elastic adhesive, Full-Care 8220 reportedly demonstrated:
- Excellent creep resistance at the lowest industry coat weights
- Robust sheer strength for high-stress tear, tab, and insert attachment applications
- Reliable curved elastic attachment performance on curved application for improved article fit
- Potential for savings, with up to 25% add-on reduction on key industry substrates
- Excellent processability across various machine types, allowing for higher productivity and minimized downtime for hygiene manufacturers
In addition, Full-Care 8220 was tested in a third-party lab against other leading adhesive suppliers in an elastic adhesive benchmarking study conducted by a North America adult incontinence product manufacturer. Full-Care 8220 reportedly outperformed four leading competitive elastic adhesive products, delivering zero creep.
For more information, visit www.hbfuller.com.