The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) recently announced changes to its officers and members of the Executive Committee for 2021-2022. It also announced directors who have been reelected for another three-year term on the board of directors, beginning January 1, 2021. Newly elected officers include:
- Matt Devine, former president of DHM Adhesives, now at H.B. Fuller—chairman of the board, through January 31, 2021. Devine will also lead the ASC Executive Committee. He previously served as ASC treasurer for two years.
- Heather Campe, senior vice president, H.B. Fuller—will succeed Devine as chairman of the board beginning February 1, 2021, through December 31, 2022.
- Forest Driggs, senior vice president and chief financial officer, Franklin International—treasurer, beginning January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2022. He will also lead the Audit Committee and serve on the ASC Executive Committee.
In addition, Brian McSwigan, vice president, Packaging and Consumer Adhesives at Henkel Corp., will serve as past chair for two years and remain on the ASC Executive Committee. The board elected Tom Stewart, senior director, Performance Adhesives, at Ashland, to a two-year term on the Executive Committee, beginning January 1, 2021. Gerhard Haas, vice president, Research & Development, Technical Service, Purchasing at Jowat Corp., was reelected to another two-year term on the Executive Committee, beginning January 1, 2021.
Reelected members of the ASC board serving a three-year term beginning January 1, 2021, include:
- Darius Deak, global R&D director–Nonwovens, Corporate R&D Director-Americas, Bostik
- Damon Hollis, sales manager-Americas, Eastman
- Mark Schneider, president, Albion Engineering Co.
- Tom Stewart, senior director, Performance Adhesives, Ashland
- Dave White, senior vice president, Quality and Risk Management, Sika
- Chuck Williams, senior technical director, Global Adhesives, Polymers, Adhesive and Coatings Center of Excellence, Avery Dennison
“The newly elected ASC Board officers and directors bring many years of experience as leaders in the adhesive and sealant industry that will strengthen our organization as we transition into a post-COVID world,” said William Allmond, ASC president. “They will lead and oversee new strategic initiatives that emerge from ASC’s three-year Long Range Plan and reconnect the global value chain as hosts of the 10th World Adhesive and Sealant Conference in April 2022. As President, I am excited to work alongside our officers and Board to grow the value we deliver to our membership and to the greater adhesive and sealant industry.”
ASC’s board includes 23 directors representing manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and academia in North America. For more information, visit www.ascouncil.org.