News from Bostik regarding its planned acquisition of Prochimir drew the most reader interest last week (Bostik to Acquire Adhesive Films Manufacturer Prochimir): “Arkema recently announced that Bostik plans to acquire Prochimir, a company specializing in high-performance thermobonding adhesive films. This acquisition would reportedly enable Bostik to broaden its offering of solvent-free thermobonding solutions earmarked for many fast-growing industrial applications in the automotive, construction, textile, and medical markets.
“Prochimir operates two production facilities, one in Vendée, France, and another in Virginia. The company employs 85 people and currently reports sales of €30 million (approximately $33.4 million), with steady growth in the last five years. Prochimir’s solutions are sold around the world; exports account for 75% of sales.”
Top 5 News that Sticks for August 4-10
- Bostik to Acquire Adhesive Films Manufacturer Prochimir
#4 last week
- Sales Grow 9.6% for Sika in 2019 First Half
- Berry Global Sells Seal for Life Business to Arsenal Capital Partners
- Covestro Optimistic Despite Challenging 2019 Second Quarter
- DELO Sets World Record with Truck Lift Using Adhesive #1 last week
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.