Last week, readers were keen to read about the award Sika recently received for a silicone adhesive (Sika Silicone Adhesive Receives USGlass 2019 Readers’ Choice Award): “Sika Corp. recently announced that Sikasil® SG-20 has won a 2019 Readers’ Choice Award from USGlass Magazine. Sikasil SG-20 is a neutral-curing silicone adhesive that combines mechanical strength with high elongation. According to Sika, the product offers excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates that are widely used in structural glazing applications and offers outstanding UV and weathering resistance. Sikasil SG-20 can be used for structural sealant glazing or as a residential window backbedding/glazing adhesive, or for bonding solar modules and other high-demanding industrial applications.
“‘We are so honored to have our Sikasil SG-20 chosen for the 2020 USGlass Readers Choice Award,’ said John Babun, Sika’s national manager for Vertical Glass and Modular Building. ‘We keep our customers’ needs at the heart of every product we develop and strive to make a positive impact in the marketplace. So, it really is great that people in the industry find Sika’s silicone technology to be something special.’”
Top 5 News that Sticks for January 26 - February 1
- Sika Silicone Adhesive Receives USGlass 2019 Readers’ Choice Award
- Milliken Aims to Bolster Specialty Coating Additives Capabilities with Acquisition of Borchers
- AJ Adhesives and Mid-America Packaging Expand to East Coast with Acquisition of Evco Industries
#2 last week
- Dow Coating Materials Expands Palmer Holland’s Distribution Territory into Canada
- Heraeus Noblelight to Highlight Range of Ultraviolet and Infrared Technologies at Upcoming Conferences
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.