DuPont’s agreement to acquire Laird Performance Materials drew the most reader interest last week (DuPont to Strengthen Electronic Materials Position with Acquisition of Laird Performance Materials): “DuPont recently announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Advent International to acquire Laird Performance Materials for $2.3 billion, which will be paid from existing cash balances. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
“With 2020 revenues of $465 million, Laird Performance Materials is reportedly a world leader in high-performance electromagnetic shielding and thermal management, offering a comprehensive range of performance components and solutions that manage heat and protect devices from electromagnetic interference. The company has a workforce of over 4,300 employees with a global network of 11 manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and Asia.
“‘The acquisition of Laird Performance Materials is a significant step in advancing DuPont’s strategy to grow as a global innovation leader and premier multi-industrial company,’ said Ed Breen, DuPont's executive chairman and CEO.”
Top 5 News that Sticks for March 21-27
- DuPont to Strengthen Electronic Materials Position with Acquisition of Laird Performance Materials
- Strong Fourth Quarter Helps Intertape Polymer Group Increase Revenue by Nearly 5% in 2020
- Ru-bix Gets Ready for Full Production with Tripled Capacity
- tesa Publishes Sustainability Report and Appoints Röber Chief Sustainability Officer
- Wausau Coated Products Acquires Brandywine Drumlabels
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.