FEICA 2017 Will Focus on Innovation
More than 500 industry professionals are expected to attend the conference and exhibits at FEICA 2017.
FEICA’s 2017 European Adhesive and Sealant Conference and Expo takes place September 13-15 in Forte Village, Santa Margherita di Pula, Sardinia, Italy. The event consistently attracts more than 500 industry professionals from around the world.
The Role of Innovation
The conference begins with the Business Forum plenary session. Recent FEICA conferences have dedicated this session to topics tackling that most important of issues: the pursuit of growth. This year’s Business Forum, titled “Driving Innovation,” builds on this theme by examining sources of innovation and how they can deliver growth. To capture all sources of innovation, FEICA has taken a broad view of the topic, recognizing that innovation can be stimulated from many directions: “pull” from customers; “push” from suppliers, from competitors or new entrants to the market; learning from other industries; and, internally, from your own staff, working in a culture that nurtures innovation.
To bring an authoritative external perspective, the following keynote speakers are scheduled:
- Hugo Maria Schally, Ph.D., Head of Unit, Directorate General “Environment,” European Commission. Schally, who addresses sustainable production, products and consumption, coordinates the follow-up to the new EU package on the “circular economy” and the development and implementation of a number of EU policies and instruments in support of the transition to a circular economy.
- Roger Martin-Fagg, a behavioral economist who combines insight into the financial and policy worlds with management strategy. He is an expert in dissecting today’s economic headlines and clarifying their consequences.
In addition, industry leaders representing various links in the adhesive and sealant supply chain will share their experiences of exploiting innovation to achieve growth. Delegates will learn how to optimize their own innovation strategy. The Business Forum will end with a panel discussion with a Q&A for attendees.
Key Adhesive and Sealant Topics
After the Business Forum, the conference program divides into a series of parallel breakout sessions, including:
- Market trends and innovation
- New approaches to isocyanates and polyurethane adhesives and sealants
- Elastomers and elastic adhesives
- Innovations in construction
- Improvements in hot melts and water-based adhesives
- Olefin-based hot melts
- Manufacturing and processing
- Safe use of adhesives
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives
- Bio-based adhesives
- Additives and resin
A tabletop exhibition will take place alongside the conference, which provides an opportunity for delegates to meet producers, distributors, suppliers, and service providers involved in the adhesive and sealant industry. More than 30 exhibitors are currently signed up. (see sidebar, p. 36).
Networking and Social Program
In addition to its business and technical content, the event will provide networking opportunities and a social program for delegates. Formulators, customers and raw materials suppliers can meet in a relaxed environment to discuss industry trends and the wider business environment, while a range of exciting social activities offer the opportunity to meet new business contacts and connect with established friends. These include the Welcome Cocktail on the first evening and the Conference Dinner, “A Night in Sardinia,” on Thursday, September 14. In addition, an accompanying partners program offers delegates’ guests the opportunity to participate in regional excursions. ASI
ACC BEKU GmbH
Adhäsion – Adhesion
ARLANXEO Deutschland GmbH
Eastman Chemical Co.
Emerald Performance Materials
Ergon International Inc.
King Honor International Ltd.
Langley Smith & Co. Ltd.
Risun Polymer International Co. Ltd
United Performance Materials Corp.
*as of 5/12/17