The Pressure Sensitive Tape Council (PSTC) is hosting Tape Week May 8-11, 2023, at the Hilton Orlando in Orlando, Florida. The event will offer educational sessions, an exhibition, and networking opportunities.
A course focusing on Adhesives & Advanced Technology of PSA Tapes will be held Monday and Tuesday. This educational opportunity is intended for technical professionals. A Manufacturing & Testing course will be held on Tuesday. The keynote address on Wednesday will be given by Heather Hass, president of ADVISA. Hass will reflect upon the changes and challenges of the last two years including shifting demographics and hybrid work.
Sessions in the Markets and Applications Track will be held Wednesday and Thursday. The Market and Applications Track will help professionals in all industries understand the benefits of using PSA tape over other bonding solutions. This track will feature a combined focus on building & construction, transportation, automotive, and emerging markets, with scheduled speakers including:
- Corey Reardon – president & CEO, Alexander Watson Associates (AWA)
- Dan Malenke – president, PKGPRO, LLC
- Nicolas Velez – business development manager, Henkel Corp.
- Robert Dietz – chief economist, National Council of the Housing Industry
- Werner A Hormann – Custom Adhesive Technology, Inc.
- Heather Hass – General Session Keynote Speaker
Technical Track sessions on Wednesday and Thursday will feature technical discussions regarding the use of PSA tape, with scheduled speakers including:
- Diana Wright – supervisory chemist, FBI Laboratory
- Melinda Einsla – Dow Adhesives
- Keigo Shimura – R&D manager, Sekisui Voltek LLC
An inaugural Sustainability: Building Awareness Summit will focus on the increased demand for sustainable initiatives in the PSA industry. Discussions will help build awareness of current solutions and the role of sustainability in the future. Speakers for the summit include:
- Jennifer Heathcote, VP Business Development, GEW (EC) Limited
- Lindsey Foster, Product Steward – Dispersions & Resins North America, BASF
- Tad Radzinski, Co-Founder and President, Sustainable Solutions Corp.
- Evert Smit, Director Scouting, Lohmann GmbH & Co., KG and president, Afera – The European Adhesive Tape Association
Tape Week networking opportunities will kick off at a Members-Only Reception on Monday evening. The Welcome Reception on Tuesday evening will provide all attendees, presenters, and exhibitors the opportunity to meet and mingle. Concurrently, companies will share their latest innovations during the Innovation Poster Session. The Exhibitor Networking Reception will be held Wednesday evening.
For more information, visit: https://pstc.org/tape-week-2023/.