NOTE: The World Adhesive and Sealant Conference has been postponed due to COVID-19. New dates will be shared once they are determined.
UPDATE: The World Adhesive and Sealant Conference has been rescheduled for April 19-21, 2021, at the Hilton Chicago. However, this short course will be held November 4-5, 2020, co-located with the ASC Annual Convention & EXPO in Louisville, Ky.
The Adhesive and Sealant Council will hold an Adhesive Science Short Course from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, April 20, at the Hilton Chicago. Presenters and topics during the Adhesive Science Short Course are slated to include:
- David Speth, research chemist, Evans Adhesives: Introduction to Adhesive Markets & Technologies
- Tim Long, professor and associate director of Outreach, Virginia Tech: Polymer Design for Adhesion: An Introduction
- Terri Chen, senior applications scientist, TA Instruments: Rheology and Flow
- Chris Wohl: Practical Surface Science
- Ruairi O’Kane, global business development, Henkel: Characterization–Mechanical, Physical, Thermal Properties
- Tom Kauffman, global technology manager, H.B. Fuller: Hot-Melt Adhesives
- Raj Hariharan, senior group leader, Mapei: Waterborne Adhesives
- Avery Dennison: Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives
- Jay Johnson, Covestro, LLC: Sealants
- Ramani Narayan, fellow, MSU: Biobased Adhesives
- Dmitriy Salnikov, senior product development specialist, 3M: Durability
- Larry Saidman, chief technologist, Nordson: Automated Adhesive Dispensing
Registration is required for the short course, and reduced early bird rates are available until March 21. For details, visit https://wac2020.org/adhesive-science-short-course.