The Pressure Sensitive Tape Council (PSTC) will hold its inaugural Tape Week May 2-5 at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The event will offer educational sessions, an exhibition, and many networking opportunities.
A course focusing on Adhesives & Advanced Technology of PSA Tapes will be held Monday and Tuesday. This educational opportunity is intended for technical professionals. The Fundamentals of PSA Tape Applications in Industry Verticals course will be held on Tuesday. This new course, focusing on the building and construction and transportation sectors, is intended for those working in sales and customer service, as well as entry-level technical staff and those new to the tape industry.
The keynote address on Wednesday will be given by Scott Klososky, founding partner of digital strategy firm Future Point of View (FPOV). He will discuss the intersection of humanity and digital transformation.
Sessions in the Markets and Applications Track will be held Wednesday and Thursday, focusing on building and construction, transportation, automotive, and emerging markets. Scheduled speakers include:
- Jay Bolus, Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- Susan Chambers, Strouse Corp.
- Robert Dietz, Ph.D., National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Bob Galyen, Galyen Energy LLC
- Ed Hudson, Home Innovation Research Labs
- Sam Richter, SBR Worldwide/Know More
- Michael Taylor, The Kellen Co.
- Jason Zajac, The Tape Lab
Technical Track sessions on Wednesday and Thursday will feature technical discussions regarding the use of PSA tape, with scheduled speakers including:
- Steve Austin, 3M’s Adhesives & Tapes Division
- Joe Binder, Ph.D., Dow
- Chris Davis, IST America
- Dewey Fansler, 3M Safety & Industrial Business Laboratory
- Michael Krejsa, Ph.D., Henkel
- Jacob Liu, Ph.D., 3M
- Yuxia (Sonny) Liu, Ph.D., Henkel
- Donovan Lujan, Arkema Coating Resins
- Kyle Rhodes, Elkem Silicones Americas
- Kristin Schoene, Synthomer Deutschland GmbH
- Eric Silverberg, Ph.D., Henkel
Exhibition and Networking
Tape Week networking opportunities will kick off at a Members-Only Reception on Monday evening. The Welcome Reception on Tuesday evening will provide all attendees, presenters, and exhibitors the opportunity to meet and mingle. Concurrently, companies will share their latest innovations during the Innovation Poster Session.
The Exhibitor Networking Reception will be held Wednesday evening, while Thursday will bring the Exhibitor Showcase Lunch. Tape Week will come to a close with a Closing Reception on Thursday evening.
For registration and additional details, visit https://pstc.org.