An announcement from Evonik regarding its new silicones facility in Germany drew the most reader interest last week (Evonik Strengthens Focus on Adhesive and Sealant Solutions with New Silicone Production Facility in Germany): “Evonik recently officially opened its new multi-purpose silicones manufacturing facility in Geesthacht, Germany. A celebratory inauguration ceremony was recently held at the site and attended by local dignitaries, including the mayor of Geesthacht, Evonik’s construction partners, and its staff.
“Located 30 km outside the port city of Hamburg, the new plant was completed on time and within the double-digit-million planned budget. Commissioning of the facility’s new tank farm started in December, and incremental production increases are planned over the coming months.
“‘I’m delighted to open our new facility and continue the long history of production at the site,’ said Xiaolan Wang, Ph.D., head of the Interface & Performance Business Line. ‘The increased production footprint helps to strengthen our focus on silicone and nanotechnology specialty chemical products, while also providing our customers with a faster, more reliable supply of the products they need.’”
Top 5 News that Sticks for January 19-25
- Evonik Strengthens Focus on Adhesive and Sealant Solutions with New Silicone Production Facility in Germany
- AJ Adhesives and Mid-America Packaging Expand to East Coast with Acquisition of Evco Industries
- Seal For Life Completes Four Acquisitions, Names Oravitz CEO
#2 last week
- CVC Thermoset Specialties Earns Kosher Designation for Several Key Products from Chicago Rabbinical Council
- Berry Global Begins Shipments of Nonwoven Product for Hygiene Market from New Asset in China
This weekly roundup highlights the adhesives, sealants, and coatings-related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.