Five technologies from Dow were recently recognized with R&D 100 Awards, a signature program of R&D World magazine designed to identify and celebrate the top 100 revolutionary technologies introduced during the past year. Considered one of the most prestigious innovation awards programs, the R&D 100 honors innovation pioneers and their contributions to science and technology.
“Our innovations continue to position Dow to deliver differentiated products and solutions for our customers, bringing value to our shareholders and addressing some of the world’s greatest challenges,” said A.N. Sreeram, Dow’s chief technology officer and senior vice president of Research & Development. “This recognition from R&D 100 celebrates the dedication, expertise and creativity of Dow scientists and engineers who developed these innovations that have delivered performance and sustainability simultaneously for our customers.”
Dow reports that this marks the ninth consecutive year of its technologies appearing on the R&D 100 list and the seventh consecutive year of the company winning more R&D 100 awards than any other company. Award-winning technologies from Dow this year include:
- DOWSIL™ EC-6601 electrically conductive adhesive—offers a step change in performance of electrically conductive adhesives, critical for emerging applications in autonomous driving, cameras, and 5G base station applications
- DOWSIL™ EI-2888 primerless silicone encapsulant—has unique primerless encapsulation performance, which combines excellent LED protection for flexible and rigid light fixtures to typical substrates
- ENGAGE™ 11000 polyolefin elastomers—designed to enable thermoplastic olefins (TPOs) to meet a variety of performance targets, especially in the areas of low temperature impact, melt flow, melt strength, flexibility, and softness
- NEOSEED® NR-8800 emulsion—silicone-based durable water repellent finishing emulsion for synthetic fabrics jointly developed by Nicca Chemical Co. and Dow
- RHOBARR™ 320 polyolefin dispersion for paper and board—aqueous functionalized polyolefin dispersion intended for paper barrier coating applications
For more information, visit www.dow.com.