Join us on a walk down memory lane as we revisit our most popular content of 2021. From in-depth feature articles to industry news stories, new product releases, and podcasts, readers sought out ASI content like never before. Here we highlight our most-accessed content of 2021.*
Our annual list of the world’s top adhesive and sealant manufacturers—the ASI Top 20—was again our most popular feature article of the year. Readers were also widely drawn to articles that explored the changing industry landscape, as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, various problematic weather events, and supply chain volatility made 2021 a bumpy ride.
- 2021 ASI Top 20: Leading Global Manufacturers of Adhesives and Sealants
- Raw Materials and Chemicals Roundtable
- Understanding Sausage Packaging for Adhesives and Sealants
- 2021 Raw Materials and Chemicals Overview
- Industry Roundtable: Key Players in the Adhesive and Sealant Industry Share their Insights
- Adhesives in Sustainable Consumer Goods
- Structural Adhesive Pushes Performance Boundaries for Composite Armor Systems
- Bonding Natural Baby Product Materials with Hot-Melt Adhesives
- Solving Challenges in Electric Vehicle Batteries with Pressure-Sensitive Tapes
- Exploring Renewable Carbon-Based Raw Materials for Adhesives and Sealants
(Image courtesy of zoranm via iStock/Getty Images.)
Many companies made big moves through partnerships, acquisitions, and expansions this year. Our most-read news stories of 2021 focused on these types of business activities.
- H.B. Fuller and Covestro Join Forces to Make Adhesives More Sustainable
- Arkema to Acquire Ashland’s Performance Adhesives Division for Nearly $1.7 Billion
- Ashland Considers the Future of its Performance Adhesives Business Unit
- Sullivan Leaves RPM Following Elimination of Chief Restructuring Officer Position; Kinser Named Vice President of Operations
- DuPont Board Approves Separation of Nutrition & Biosciences Business through Exchange Offer
- Sika Expands Roofing and Waterproofing Offerings with Hydrotech Acquisition
- Henkel Plans New Innovation Center in China
- H.B. Fuller Sees Net Revenue Jump in Fiscal 2021 First Quarter
- Cargill to Acquire Arkema’s Epoxides Business
- Intertape Polymer Group to Expand Manufacturing Facility in Virginia
Henkel’s new high-performance hot-melt adhesive range includes two grades with up to 98% bio-based content and provides a way to optimize the carbon footprint of end products and packaging. (Image courtesy of Dow.)
This year’s most popular new product release detailed a collaboration between Henkel and Dow to produce a more sustainable hot-melt adhesive. Other hot products included various adhesives for electric vehicle batteries, a bio-based silicone sealant, and more.
- Henkel: Hot-Melt Adhesive Based on Bio-Based Polyolefin Elastomer from Dow
- Avery Dennison Performance Tapes: Adhesive Solutions for Electric Vehicle Batteries
- Wacker Chemie AG: Bio-Based Silicone Sealant
- Avery Dennison Performance Tapes: Heat-Activated Acrylic Foam Tapes
- Dow: Acrylic Adhesives for Pressure-Sensitive Paper and Film Labels
From automotive to packaging and many other applications in between, our most popular podcasts of 2021 focused on ways adhesives, tapes, and other materials help end users address challenges in their industries.
- How Are Adhesives and Sealants Used in Electric Vehicle Batteries?
- Testing Structural Adhesives
- High-Strength, Ductile Structural Adhesive
- Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives in Automotive Assembly
- Tapes, Packaging, and Sustainability
*Based on views/downloads of content posted on www.adhesivesmag.com beginning January 1, 2021, through October 2021. If you are interested in contributing content to ASI, please reach out to Susan Sutton, editor-in-chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.